Saturday 24 January 2015

Butterfly Basics Easel Calendar

Things have been a bit quiet around here.  Sunny days, school holidays = not much time to craft.  Stamp club was back this week so it was the perfect opportunity to crack open my new Butterfly Basics stamp set & matching thinlits dies.

I wasn't to sure about these butterflies when I bought them but after a few uses, they are growing on me.

Here is the easel calendar we created:


We used Blackberry Bliss, Naturals Ivory & Mossy Meadow. Quite rich colours for a more vintage look.   We stamped the butterfly on vellum & heat embossed it.  We also made a matching card.

To make the easel part of calendar I cut a piece of A4 card stock in half lengthways.  Folded it in half, then one side in half again.  This became the easel.  I then cut a piece of card stock 10.5cm x 14cm (the size of the front half of a card & attached this to the folded section.  You can see I put tape where you need to adhere the front to the easel section.



Then it was just a matter of decorating the card part.  Once that is done, you need to add an anchor on the base. I used post it notes but you can also use embellishments or card stock. 

Thanks For Looking,
TRICIA

No comments:

Post a Comment