Thursday 23 June 2011

Russian Dolls

I have seen these nesting dolls made into beautiful cards in a papercraft magazine a while ago and had the idea in the back of my mind to make one when I got the chance.  CC328 challenge was a great colour challenge that I thought might work with these dolls.  Titled Cherry Night Cakes (Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy & Crumb Cake) it challenges you to use those colours only on a card.  I did not choose the dessert option of adding something from my kitchen as I totally forgot. 
Here are my "girls"


They open up the top or side and can open up to a family of nesting dolls if you like.  These ladies have both a front and back, but no babies inside.  The lady on the left was made using some paper I had in my stash and is Non-SU.  The doll on the right is made with the "Artistic Etching" circle stamp on Whisper White.

Stamp Set:  Artistic Etching  (120573)
Paper: Cherry Cobbler (121683), Whisper White (106549), Crumb Cake(121695), Night of Navy (108606)
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler(119669)
Cool Tools: Eyelet Border Punch(119853), Scallop Border Punch (119852), Boho Blossom Punch (119858), Circle Punch (Non-SU)
The Perfect Touch: Red Ribbon & Red Braid (Non-SU) Black Fine Tip Pen.

Thanks For Looking,
TRICIA

No comments:

Post a Comment